Muffins are the perfect dessert or snack option for kids. My kids love these banana chocolate chip muffins because they are absolutely delicious and easy to eat. They will eat these for dessert, snack or even breakfast.
These muffins are a great way to use up those ‘dead’ bananas that you have in your freezer. I will either make these or my banana bread with the ‘dead’ bananas that I have. If you do not know what ‘dead’ bananas are, they are overripe bananas that will not get eaten that I put in the freezer. This is a great option so that less food gets wasted. And you can make very delicious food with these otherwise wasted bananas. So if you have not put your overripe bananas in the freezer, you should try it!
The ingredient that my children love about these banana chocolate chip muffins is no surprise – the chocolate chips! They are an essential part of these muffins in my kid’s eyes. But you could omit them if you want – no judgment here. But since I make these for my kids, I love add them in. Their happy faces make my heart happy. And the bananas make it healthy right?!? Either way they are certainly to be enjoyed!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Butter
- 5 Frozen Bananas, thawed
- 3 Eggs
- 1 ¾ cups Flour
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer.
- Beat in the eggs and bananas until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- In a second bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring only to moisten.
- Place the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each about halfway.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly, then remove from the muffin pan onto a wire rack to cool fully.
“Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water, but a man of understanding will draw it out. Most men will proclaim each his own goodness, but who can find a faithful man? The righteous man walks in his integrity; his children are blessed after him.”