Sometimes you need a break from carbs. Not all of the time, but sometimes. And that is when these stuffed burger bowls become my go to meal. They are so good that you will not miss the bun. Especially when you serve these with a big mac burger sauce. So delicious!
These are a little bit more work than your regular burger. But they are so worth the extra effort. To make the burger bowl, you will mix all of your burger ingredients together. Then that mixture will be split into eight equal portions and rolled into balls. The easiest way to make the bowl is to press down into the middle of these balls with a cup, measuring cup or a small bowl. This will create the bowl shape that will allow for stuffing. I like to stuff them with barbecue sauce, sauteed mushrooms and onions then topped with cheese. Any of your favorite ingredients could be used. You could try an egg, some blue cheese, bacon or even some seafood for a fancy stuffed burger.
However you stuff these, I am sure they will be delicious! Once they are done cooking, top with your favorite burger toppings. I like to top my stuffed burger bowls simply with bacon and big mac burger sauce. But my kids like the classic ketchup, mayo and mustard. And my husband likes to add some tomatoes, onions and lettuce. So these can be personalized to each family member. I hope that you enjoy!
Stuffed Burger Bowls
- 1½ lbs Ground Beef
- ¼ cup Cracker Crumbs
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Montreal Steak Spice
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Mushrooms
- ¼ cup Onions, diced
- 8 tsp Barbecue Sauce
- 8 slices Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all burger bowl ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Separate into 8 equal portions and roll into balls. Make a bowl shape with each ball using a cup, measuring cup or a small bowl by pressing it into the middle of the ball. Place each bowl on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Saute the mushrooms and onions until tender.
- Add a teaspoon of barbecue sauce into each burger bowl. Then place equal amounts of sauteed mushrooms and onions into each of them. Top with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until an internal temperature of 160°F is reached.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
“The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.”