A stir fry is an easy supper that is super healthy. Of course you can just use up any of the vegetables and protein in your fridge to make a delicious stir fry. But sometimes it is nice to have a recipe for a special stir fry. And this easy chicken stir fry is one that I make over and over again.
Every year I plant zucchini in my garden. And every year I have an overabundance of it. So I have to come up with lots of different ideas on how to use it all up. Zucchini is not only great roasted on the barbecue and baked in zucchini bread. It is also delicious in stir fries. So if you have an overabundance of zucchini this summer, you should definitely try out this recipe.
I love this easy chicken stir fry because it has the perfect balance of sweet, sour, bitter and spice. It also adds some variety to our diet because it has baby bok choy in it. This is not an ingredient that I cook with very often, but I love it in this meal. I choose to use baby bok choy because I find it less bitter and my children like it more. But you can also use bok choy in this recipe. I would just suggest that you leave out the outer stems as they seem to be the most bitter.
Serving Suggestions for Easy Chicken Stir Fry
We love to serve with this meal with coconut rice, as it adds an extra sweetness and some creaminess to the flavor profile. But it can also be served with either plain rice or cauliflower rice for a delicious meal. It is also very tasty on its own if you are looking for a lighter meal.
Easy Chicken Stir Fry with Sweet and Sour Dressing
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Chicken Breasts. diced
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 medium Zucchini, julienned (about 2 cups)
- 1 large Carrot, julienned (about 1 cup)
- 6 Green Onions, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 cups Baby Bok Choy, chopped
Sweet & Sour Dressing
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp White Sugar
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅛-¼ tsp Chili Flakes
- ½ cup Roasted Peanuts, chopped
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- Stir together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Season the chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the zucchini, carrots, green onions and garlic. Stir fry for 3-5 minutes. Ensuring the internal temperature of the chicken is at least 165°F.
- Add the baby bok choy and the dressing. Stir and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the baby bok choy is wilted.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro. Serve.
“I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.”