What is better than a traditional Greek salad? This healthy and delicious Greek quinoa salad. It is even a hit with my kids and my oldest even requests it for her school lunches. Of course, it also makes a great side salad for supper.
Quinoa is rich in protein and dietary fiber. Making it a wonderful “grain” option to add to your diet. It has even been dubbed a superfood. And is a great option for those who eat a gluten free diet. It has a wonderful nutty flavor profile that is able to take on many different flavors. And in this recipe it takes on the delicious flavor of Greek salad.
My kids love cucumbers, olives and feta. So any recipe that includes all of these things is a winner in their eyes. As I mentioned, my oldest loves to have this Greek quinoa salad packed as her main lunch to school. It is perfect for that because it is healthy and it does not need to be microwaved. Which was perfect for last school year when they discontinued the use of microwaves at school.
We also love this Greek quinoa salad as a side dish. It is a carb and a salad in one. Which makes it the perfect dish to serve alongside any meal. It would also make a great light meal by itself because it is rich in protein. But we usually will serve it as a side to lamb or chicken. Of course, you can serve it with any of your favorite mains. Or bring it to your next potluck and you will be sure to satisfy many taste buds.
Greek Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1½ cups Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Dried Dill
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Feta, crumbled
- 1 cup Cucumbers, diced
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Kalamata Olives, pitted
- ½ Red Pepper, diced
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the quinoa and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir, then reduce to a low and cover. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes. Then fluff with a fork and cool.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Add the salad ingredients and the dressing to the quinoa. Stir together and let sit for at least 5 minutes before serving to let the flavors meld.
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.”