I love garlic bread! When I make it, I always seem to eat too much of it and I don’t leave enough room for the main course. And this no knead garlic cheese bread was no different. I could have eaten half a loaf, but I practiced self control and saved some for another day (and my kids).
This bread takes some patience. But it is so easy! And so worth the amount of time that it takes to raise. The base of this recipe is a no knead bread that I love. I added garlic, dill and some nice old and sharp cheddar. Resulting in an absolutely flavorful loaf of bread!
My family loves to eat this bread warm with melted butter. Right out of the oven is the best – just be careful as it is hot! It also makes a great sandwich. The added garlic and cheese in this bread elevate your sandwich experience to the next level. Making this a great bread to serve for lunch or for a side to supper.
No Knead Garlic, Dill and Cheese Bread
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Dill
- 1 ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ cups Warm Water
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Yeast
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cheese, garlic, dill and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together the warm water, red wine vinegar and yeast. Let this sit until the yeast has become a bubbly mass on op of the water.
- Add the water mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Lightly coat another medium bowl with olive oil, and place the dough in it.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and allow to dough to rise in a warm location for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the dough from the bowl onto a floured surface, and gently pat into a rectangle. Fold each of the corners into the middle.
- Flip the dough over, and shape into a round loaf. Sprinkle the top with flour.
- Let rest for 15 minutes, then cover with a clean tea towel.
- Let rest for 2 hours or until the loaf has roughly doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and place a dutch oven with a lid into the oven to heat up for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the dutch oven from the oven, and place the dough (seam side up) onto a piece of parchment paper and place in the dutch oven. Cover with the lid.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for another 5-15 minutes until the loaf is golden brown.
“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.” Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.”