Now that summer is on the horizon, it is time for some light and fresh meals! And this chicken and shrimp rice vermicelli bowl delivers both. It is the perfect light meal for a warm summers day. Perfectly tasty and perfectly easy! A great recipe to add to your supper menu!
I love rice vermicelli bowls as they are so easy to make. And they taste delicious. They can also be made with any leftover meat that you have in the fridge. But these bowls use freshly made chicken and shrimp. You could of course just choose one of the proteins, but I like having the option of both. My family does as well.
This recipe is the perfect family style meal as everyone can make their bowls to their taste preference. For example, my kids prefer to have theirs with soy sauce instead of the spicy peanut sauce. They will also load up on the carrots, cucumbers and shrimp. While my husband and I like to add a bit of everything, and load up on the spicy peanut sauce. So make your chicken and shrimp rice vermicelli bowl just the way you like it. And your family can as well, which leads to less whining and more winning!
Serving Suggestions for Chicken and Shrimp Rice Vermicelli Bowls
These bowls can be enjoyed all by themselves. And that is usually how we serve them. But if I am feeling extra generous, I will make a side of spring rolls. I find these the perfect addition as they add an extra bit of crunch to the meal, and the kids really love them. What would you serve with these?
Chicken and Shrimp Rice Vermicelli Bowls
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cubed
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 300 g Raw Shrimp
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- ½ cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 ½ tsp Chili Paste
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 pkg Rice Vermicelli, cooked to instructions on package
- 3-4 Green Onions, chopped
- 2 Carrots, julienned
- 1 Cucumber, julienned
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- Mix the ingredients for the spicy peanut sauce together and place in the fridge until ready to serve. This can be done a day in advance if needed.
- Season the chicken with the garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Then add the chicken and cook until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached. Remove from the pan.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in the pan and add the garlic. Stir for about 1 minute, then add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp until no longer translucent, turning as necessary. Remove from the pan.
- Serve family style and allow everyone to make their own bowls. Place the rice vermicelli on the bottom of the bowl, add your veggies and your protein then top with the spicy peanut sauce.
“But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, every one, to his own way; and the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.”