These irresistible pulled pork tater tots are a family favorite in my house. And I am sure that your family will love them as well! I created this recipe after my wonderful husband bought me something similar at a baseball game concession. Because I was very pregnant at the time, it became a very real craving that I just needed to have. So instead of spending tons of money on admission to a game and then overpriced concession food, I recreated it at home so that I could eat it whenever I wanted. I am not pregnant anymore and I still crave these delicious crispy tater tots piled high with smokey, delicious and moist pulled pork, queso, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos and creamy cilantro sauce. I am drooling over here, are you?
And as my Grandmother always says, ‘try it, you’ll like it’!
Irresistibly Saucy Pulled Pork Tater Tot Bowls
- 3 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Ground Mustard
- ¼ cup Liquid Smoke
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3-4 lbs Pork Roast (bone-in or boneless)
- 1 ½ cups Barbecue Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory & Brown Sugar)
Cilantro Cream Sauce
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 packages Tater Tots
- 3 Green Onions, chopped
- Tomatoes, diced
- ½ jar Queso Dip, warmed
- 2 cups Cheddar, grated
- Barbecue Sauce
- Mix the seasonings together, then add the liquid smoke to make a paste.
- Poke holes in the pork roast with a fork or the tip of a knife.
- Rub the seasoning paste over the pork roast.
- Place in a slow cooker with a bay leaf, on high for 4-6 hours, or on low for 8-10 hours.
- After cooking, place the roast in a bowl and ensure that you remove the bone if using a bone-in roast. Then shred the meat with two forks.
- Add about ¾ cup of the liquid that is in the slow cooker (and safely discard the remaining liquid), then add the barbecue sauce and mix.
- If you are not ready to serve, place pulled pork back into the slow cooker and use the keep warm setting until ready to serve.
- After you have placed the pork in the slow cooker, put all the cilantro cream ingredients (sour cream, cilantro, green onions, lime juice, salt and pepper) into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Put into the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Cook according to package instructions
- When ready to serve, place all the ingredients on the table for your family or guests to enjoy; allowing everyone to make their bowl as they please. I prefer to place the tater tots on the bottom, add the cheese, pile the pulled pork on, then drizzle the queso, extra barbecue sauce, and cilantro cream on top. Then finishing with green onions, tomatoes, jalapenos and extra cilantro.
“Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.”