I am a carb lover, but I am not the best baker. I would rather spend lots of time and effort on a savory dish than a lot of time baking. But this perfect quicker no-knead bread comes together so easy – it is almost cheating! There is no need to knead – which is always a win in my books. Most no-knead breads have to ‘ferment’ for 12-18 hours, but this recipe takes that down to 3-4 hours with the magic of red wine vinegar. Making this a ‘quick’ and easy bread recipe!
You can add any of your desired ingredients to this quicker no-knead bread recipe as well. Make some cheese and herb bread, cinnamon raisin bread, or rosemary and garlic bread. This really is a great blank canvas to get your creativity flowing. Using this recipe, you can also make delicious pizza crust or cinnamon buns. My family always uses this recipe for pizza – check out my Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza.
So try out this recipe and share some of your creative creations!
‘Quicker’ No-Knead Bread
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ cups Water, warm
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Yeast
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour and the salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together the warm water, red wine vinegar and yeast. Let this sit until the yeast has become a bubbly mass on op of the water.
- Add the water mixture to the flour and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Lightly coat another medium bowl with olive oil, and place the dough in it.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and allow to dough to rise in a warm location for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the dough from the bowl onto a floured surface, and gently pat into a rectangle. Fold each of the corners into the middle.
- Flip the dough over, and shape into a round loaf. Sprinkle the top with flour.
- Let rest for 15 minutes, then cover with a clean tea towel.
- Let rest for 2 hours or until the loaf has roughly doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and place a dutch oven with a lid into the oven to heat up for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the dutch oven from the oven, and place the dough (seam side up) onto a piece of parchment paper and place in the dutch oven. Cover with the lid.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for another 5-15 minutes until the loaf is golden brown.
“But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'”