I love pasta – any kind! But my husband does not like any pasta with a tomato sauce, which makes things a little tricky. So I have to be a little more creative in how I serve it. Thus, this ultimate creamy (no tomato sauce) chicken spinach artichoke lasagna is the perfect addition to our supper menu. It has become a favorite in our house!
The sauce is a rich and wonderfully creamy and garlicky addition to this lasagna. We have made this lasagna with gluten free and regular lasagna noodles and it turns out amazing either way! Alternatively, you can serve the sauce over penne noodles for a quicker meal. I am also guilty of putting the sauce on a piece of bread with mozza on top and baking it in the oven – delicious! So this recipe is very versatile!
This lasagna also makes a great meal to bring to friends when they have had a baby (just cut the garlic in half as some babies do not react great to garlic). It is wonderful served with garlic bread and Caesar salad. So wow your family and friends and serve up this ultimately delicious chicken spinach artichoke lasagna!
The Ultimate Creamy Chicken Spinach Artichoke Lasagna
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 12 Lasagna Noodles, gluten free or regular
- 5 cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup Butter
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Flour, gluten free or all purpose
- 3 cups Milk
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan, shredded
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, packed
- 3 cups Canned Artichoke Hearts, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place an oven safe pan over medium-high heat, add oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then place in pan.
- Sear both sides of the chicken for 2-3 minutes.
- Place in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove, let cool slightly then cut into small cubes.
- While the chicken is in the oven, start making the sauce.
- In a pot, over medium heat, melt butter and garlic together.
- Whisk in the flour, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly whisk in milk. Add in salt and pepper.
- Whisking constantly, bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and allow to simmer until thickened; about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan.
- Place the spinach and artichokes in a food processor and chop until super fine and creamy.
- Fold this mixture into your sauce.
- Look at your package of lasagna noodles – some recommend pre-soaking them when using a creamy sauce.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9×13 pan.
- Add 1 cup of sauce to the bottom, followed by 4 lasagna noodles (cut to fit the pan with no overlapping).
- Add another 2 cups of sauce, sprinkle ½ of the chicken on top, followed by 1½ cups of mozzarella, then 4 more lasagna noodles. Repeat this step once.
- Top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until the top is brown and bubbly.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
“And above all things have fervent love for one another, for ‘love will cover a multitude of sins.’ Be hospitable to one another without grumbling. As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.”